Sunday, June 23, 2019

Expect A Magistrate

Expect a magistrate,
my deus ex machina replacement 
when I zone out as we're talking, my beautiful one.

Perhaps a tailor,
festooned with measuring tape 
to act as your envoy when I have checked out, mon petit cher.

At last, a math genius
fresh from Mumbai
to complete the needed Trinity you desire, sweet enchanter.

I will leave you with my legal codes,
my paper pattern,
my formulae,

So that you might animate my double,
quantified, tame to the bone,
a wedding cake figure to replace me when I've gone. 

5 comments:

  1. Lol, shay. I'm glad your eyes zoned out when you looked at my title to provide the inspiration for this. Very cool write!🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful voice and tone to convey volumes not-quite-said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style never fails to amaze, dear Shay, with its simplicity and its twisty and wry depths. This one says so much about expectations, masks and hearts, without a stutter or a flaw, let alone something as mundane as a cliche. Excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Also, thanks for not making the text pink! I can actually read the white, which helps when dealing with a poem. ;)

    ReplyDelete

don't be stupid.